The Manage Attendance Types page allows you to set various attendance type values for your school. Staff will see these as options when taking attendance. In this article learn how to:
Create an Attendance Type
Go to the Manage Attendance Types page. Select the Create Attendance Type button.
On the Create Attendance Type page, enter the name in the Attendance Type Name field. You can type in an Export Value that should match a value your SIS will use for this attendance type. That way, when you export data in Enriching Students you will be able to import it into your SIS, and your SIS will recognize the value. If you want this attendance type to be visible to staffers so that they can use it to take attendance, make sure to check the Is Active box. When you are finished, click Save.
View Attendance Types
You can view your current and newly added attendance types on the Manage Attendance Types page. As you can see in the image below, each type is listed with its Name, Export Value, and Active status. If an attendance type is active you will see a green check mark, if it is currently not active you will see a gray 'X'. Each attendance type will also have an Actions button.
Edit and Delete Attendance Types
Editing an Attendance Type
- To edit an attendance type, select the Actions button next to it on the Manage Appointment Types page. Then, select Edit Attendance Type.
- This will take you to the Edit Attendance Type page, where you can make changes to the Attendance Type Name, its Export Value, or active status. You can edit an active or inactive appointment type, change its active status by checking or unchecking the Is Active box. Select Save and your edits will be made.
Deleting an Attendance Type
- To delete an attendance type, select Actions, and then Delete Attendance Type.
- You will need to confirm that you want to delete, by selecting the Delete Attendance Type button when prompted. If you don't want to delete it, select the 'X' at the top right corner of the page.
- In many cases, you won't be able to delete an appointment type. If an attendance type has been used, you can't delete it because it would affect your school's data.
Instead of permanently removing it though, you can choose to Edit it, and uncheck the Is Active box so that it's no longer an option for users to select when taking attendance.
Keywords: add attendance type, remove an attendance type, edit attendance options