You can set up day types for your school, such as A and B days, or Red, Green and Blue Days, to keep track of your schedule in Enriching Students. In this article learn how to:
Create Day Types
To set up day types for your school go to Admin, Manage Day Types. This page is split up into 3 tabs. The first is Create Day Types.
- To create your day types, add the day type name in the Add New Day Type field, and click Save.
- Each time you add and save a day type, it will get added to a list. See the image below for an example. You can click the Delete button next to any day type to remove it. You will need to confirm that you want to delete it.
- Sort the order of your day types by dragging and dropping them into place (see the image below for an example). You will choose will day you want your rotation to start on in the next step, but this will be the order your day types repeat in.
Set the Day Rotation
The next tab on the Manage Day Types page is the Set Day Rotation tab. This is the second step of the process you started on the Create Day Types tab, where you apply day types to your calendar. Once your day types are added and ordered, you have a few more settings to take care of.
- First, how do you want to handle school breaks? For example if you were running A days and B days, and school had to be cancelled for a day due to weather. If the day of the cancellation was a B day, you can choose the option to Leave it as a 'B' day, and pick up on an A day when school is back in session. Or you can choose the option to 'Shift' the 'B' day to the next available day. This would mean that you view the school closure day as 'skipped' and the next day school is in session would be a B day.
- Next, choose when you want your day rotation to run. Some school may use the same day rotation for a whole year, or they may have certain times of the year when it changes. Choose your date range by clicking in the label for the Start Date and End Date, and choosing the date from the calendar.
- Now you will need to choose what day type you want your rotation to start on. Remember you set up how you wanted your days sorted on the Create Day Types tab. But this step allows you to choose which day is essentially 'Day 1' in this rotation. Select an option from the Starting Day Type dropdown.
- Once you've made your selection, the last step is to choose Run Process. This will assign the day types to your school's schedule in Enriching Students.
If you go to the Appointments page, you will see the day type listed for each day of the week, and on other pages throughout the site.
Edit Day Types
The Edit Day Types tab is the 3rd tab on the Manage Day Types page. This shows you your current day types as set for each month. Select the month you want on the left of the page. In the image below, the month of March is selected.
You can use this page to edit specific days. Notice that each day type is listed with the Date it's assigned to, the Weekday, and then the Day Type name. If you want to set one or more dates to have a different day type, check the box next to the dates (see circled in the image below). Then, in the Set Day Type dropdown, select the new day type you want to assign to those dates (see underlined in the image below), and click Save.
These changes will be reflected for these dates anywhere that your day types are displayed. If you need to make changes to the available day types, starting day type, or whether to leave or 'shift' day types around school closures, you can go back to the Create Day Type and Set Day Rotation tabs to make your changes. Just select make sure to select Run Process again, and your changes will be set.
Keyword: how to set day types, how to change a day type, remove day types