The Manage Messages page allows you to create notifications for the whole school, just admins or staffers, or just students. Jump to a section to learn how to:
Create a Message
To create a message go to the Manage Messages page and select the Create Message button.
On the Create Message page, there are a few things you need to set:
- First, choose the Expiration Date. At 11:59 pm on this date, the message will no longer display to users. Then add the Message Title. This is the notification title that other users will see when they get a notification.
- Next, select who should be able to view this message in the Viewable By dropdown. You can choose All Users to make it a message every user can see, Admins, Staff Only, or Students Only.
- Lastly, add the body of your message. Then, make sure to select Save.
On the Manage Messages page you can see all messages that have been created for your school by you or other Admins.
In the Messages box each message will be listed with its Expiration Date, Title, Body, and who it's Viewable By. Click Expiration Date or Title to sort by those options.
Each message will also have an Actions button.
Edit and Delete Messages
Editing a Message
- To edit a message, on the Manage Messages page select Actions for that specific message, and choose Edit Message.
- On the Edit Message page, make any needed changes to the Expiration Date, Title, Viewable By setting, or message Body. Make sure to click Save.
Deleting a Message
- To delete a message, select Actions next to that Message, and then Delete message.
- You will need to confirm that you want to delete this message by selecting the Delete Message button when prompted. If you don't want to confirm deleting it, select the 'X' at the top right of the screen. Deleting a message will remove the message from the Manage Messages page, and users will no longer see the message.
Keywords: create notifications, manage notifications
Please sign in to leave a comment.