In this article learn how to:
View Staff List
To view the staff in your school in Enriching Students, go to Admin, Manage Staff. On this page you will find a list of all staffer with their Name (last name, first name), Email address, and Active status. If a staffer is active you will see a green check, if they're inactive you will see a gray 'X'. Each staffer will also be listed with an Actions button that allows you to edit or delete them.
There is a legend on this page to help you understand user types. There are 3 different user icons, for a Staffer (non-admin), an Admin, or a Soft-Deleted user. If a user is soft-deleted, you can edit them but you cannot remove them.
You can type at least 1 letter in the Search for Staffer filter (see underlined in the image below) to search for staffers by name.
Add and Edit Staff
To manually add a staffer, select the Add Staff button.
This will take you to a page where you can add the staffer's information. There are 5 tabs on this page. You will need to enter all of the staffer's General Info before you can move on to the next tabs.
All fields here are required in order to save the new staffer.
- Add their First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- The SIS ID should match the staffer's ID in your school's Student Information System. Next choose Admin or Staffer for the User Type.
You can now save the staffer, but if you want them to be active in Enriching Students, make sure to check the Active checkbox. If your school uses Clever or OneRoster, but you need to manually add a staffer, the Ignore On Import box will be checked automatically. When data is imported into Enriching Students from your SIS, any staffers you have manually added to Enriching Students won't be in the data coming from your SIS. To prevent them from appearing to be deleted, you would want this box to be checked. Unchecking this box would soft-delete the user the next time data is imported.
Finally, select Save to add your new staffer. The staffer will now show up in the Staffers list on the Manage Staff page, but if you want them to be able to log in to their account and schedule students, you will need to set up their password and courses on the Security Credentials and Course Info tabs.
On this tab, you can set up co-teachers for the staffer.
- Select a staff member from the Staffers dropdown, and then choose Add to add them to the Co-Teachers list.
- Select Delete to remove a staffer from the Co-Teachers list.
- A co-teacher has ability to take attendance for the staffer's students. For example, when a staffer who is a co-teacher is logged in, they will see the Select Co-Teacher dropdown (shown in the image below) on the Take Attendance page. There they can select their co-teacher and take attendance for their students. Note that admin users always have the ability to select and take attendance for any staffer.
- Add a Password for the staffer and Confirm Password. To view the password as you type, click the eye icon (see circled in the image below).
You will need to give the staffer a password if you want them to be able to log in and use their account. Additionally, check the Send Welcome Email box to send them an email with their login credentials.
This is where you can set up the staffer's courses. Each staffer can have one homebase, and one subject matter course. By default, these will be set up under Course Info using FirstName_LastName_Homebase, and FirstName_LastName_SubjectMatter.
- Edit these course names to reflect the staffer's courses and how they are set up in your school. These course names are what other staffers and students will see within the Enriching Students application.
- Next to each course name is a checkbox that allows you to activate the course. By default both will be checked active. An active course refers to a course that you can view, and schedule appointments into. To deactivate a course, uncheck the box for that course (see circled in the image below). Next add the Default Room. This is the room number where the staffer is located in the school.
- Then, select the Department this staffer will be in.
- Lastly is the staffer's Max Number of Students. This is essentially their seat count, the max number of students that can be scheduled to them. By default it is set to 1, but you can change it. Once you're finished setting up the course info, click Save.
The final tab is Settings. Check or uncheck any of the boxes and select Save to make changes.
Here is a breakdown of each setting:
- Notify When Automated Import Is Run - If checked, the staffer will receive an email when the import is run.
- Notify if Email Addresses 'Bounce' - Will email the staffer when they send an email and the address bounces.
- Can Create Adjusted Offering Blocked to Other Staffers - If checked, this will give the staffer permission to block other staffers from scheduling to the adjusted offerings they are creating.
- Can View Grades - This will allow the staffer to view the grades of students assigned to them.
- Can View All Grades - This will allow the staffer to view the grades of all students in Enriching Students, regardless of who they are assigned to.
- Can View Analysis - Checking this box will give the staffer the ability to access to Analysis page and reports. You can control which reports staffers have access to on the Manage Reports page.
Once you have added all of the information you need to for this staffer, you will see them back on the Manage Students page in the Staffers list.
To edit a staffer, select the Actions button next to them in the Staffers list. Then, select edit.
The Edit staffer page has the same settings and tabs as you saw when adding a staffer. Review the descriptions of each tab above to see what each one contains, and where you need to make changes. Once you have made edits on any tab, be sure to select Save. Please note that is you mark a staffer as inactive, they won't be able to log in and access their account. They will no longer be visible in Enriching Students, so other staffers and students will not be able to schedule them.
In Section 3 you can learn how to bulk edit, or edit a number of staffers at once.
Delete a Staffer
- Select the Actions button next to the staffer you want to delete in the Staffers list. Choose Delete Staffer.
- This will prompt a confirmation message. Select the Delete Staffer button to delete them. Or, if you do not want to delete them, you can select the 'X' at the top right corner of the screen.
Bulk Edit Staff
To make changes to multiple staffers at once, you can use the Bulk Edit feature.
- On the Manage Staff page select the Bulk Edit button.
- This will show you a list of selections you can make to edit staffers. Choose an option from one of the drop-down selections. These options are the edits you are going to make.
- Next you will need to select who you would like to apply these edits to. In order to be able to save, you will need to select at least 1 staffer, and 1 bulk edit option. You can select staffers by checking the box next to their name (see circled in the image below).
- To make changes to all staffers in the list, select the checkbox next to Name (see circled in the image below). Please note, if a staffer is soft-deleted or inactive you will not be able to select them.
- You can also use the Search for Staffer filter if you are looking for a specific staffer. Once you have selected one or more staffers, and at least 1 bulk edit option, select Save. Edits to the selected staffers will be made.
Default Room Numbers
The Default Room Numbers tab on the Manage Staff page allows you to quickly edit a staffer's default room number.
Each staffer will be listed by Name with their current Default Room Number. To make an edit, type in the default room number label for a staffer (see circled in the image below). Once you've made changes, select Save and the default room number will be updated.
Keywords: edit all staff, how to edit a staffer, how to delete a staffer, change default room number