To get to the Students page, select Students in the navigation. Read the whole article to learn how this page works, or click below to jump to a section and learn how to:
Search for Specific Students
There are a few options for finding a specific student, or searching for a group.
If there is a specific student you are looking for, you can type at least 1 letter in their name in the Search by Name field (see underlined in the image below) and either select the search icon or Enter on your keyboard. The more letter's in student's name that you enter, the more specific your results will be.
You can also search using the Find Students By button (see circled in the image above). This gives you these 3 options:
1. Search by Graduation Year to find all students in that year.
2. Search by Homeroom to find all students assigned to a specific homeroom staffer.
3. Search by Last Name and select the first letter in students' last names to get a list of students.
Once you have used either Search by Name or Find Students By, a Filter button will appear. This allows you to filter the student list further if you would like. You have 3 options to filter by:
1. Active status. You can choose to search for All students (the default setting), or search for only Active or Inactive students.
2. Can Schedule Self. This will allow you to search for students who either have the ability to self schedule (Can Schedule Self) or those who do not (Cannot Schedule Self).
3. Can Override Appointments. Use this if you want to search for students who have been given the permission to override appointments. Choose Can Override Appointments to find students who can, or Cannot Override Appointments to find students who do not have that permission.
You can filter by 1, or all 3 of these filters to narrow down your results.
View a List of Students
When you find the student, or students, you are searching for, you will see them listed in the Students box. See an example of one student listed, in the image below. The student will be listed by Name (last name, first name), and each student's name is a link that will take you to their Student Profile page. Next in this box you will see the student's Email Address and Homebase Teacher.
There is a legend at the top of the list that shows 2 different student icons. This is to show that if a student has an outlined, instead of black icon, they are soft deleted. Learn more about what soft-deleted means here.
You will also see 'badges' for each student, based on what their status and permissions are. In the example in the image above, the student has badges showing that they are active, can self schedule, but cannot override appointments. An admin user can set these permissions, but these badges will give you a better idea of what a student is enabled to do.
Change a Student's Email Address
Next to each student's name there is an Actions button. When you select this button next to a student's name, it will allow you to change their email address. Select Change Email.
A box will slide out that allows you to change their email address. Be sure to select Save after making changes, or Cancel if you don't want to make any changes.
Keywords: students page, list of students, change student email address, view students
Please sign in to leave a comment.