Read this article to learn all the features of the Admin Manage Student Attendance page. Or, select a link below to jump to a section:
How to Change Attendance Types
The first step for changing attendance types is to find the current types you want to change.
- On the Manage Student Attendance page, select the Appointment Date when the students where scheduled. Then, choose the period they were scheduled using the Select Period dropdown, and then find the attendance type in the Get By Attendance Type dropdown. This dropdown will include all attendance types, even those that are currently inactive. That way you can search for old attendance data and update it, if needed.
- This will show you a list of students that match those selections.
- You can filter down even further, and view attendance records for just one staffer by selecting them from the Filter by Staffer dropdown. You could also type at least 1 letter in a student's name into the Filter by name... field. This will filter out students that match.
- Once you've found the students whose attendance types you want to change, select them by checking the box next to their name (see circled in the image below).
- To select all students in the current view, select the checkbox next to Name in the Students list (see circled in the image below).
- Then, you can update the attendance. You can check or uncheck the Mark As Tardy boxes as needed (see an example circled in the image below).
- To change the attendance type, select the new type in the Set New Attendance Type dropdown. This will only show currently active attendance types. Once you have made your selection, you can choose Save, and attendance for the selected students will be updated. Please note, you need to choose at least 1 student, and 1 attendance type or tardy selection in order to save changes.
Mark Absent Students as Cut
While you can change any appointment type using this page, some admins may want to use it specifically to mark students as having cut class. In some schools, non-admin staffers do not have permission to mark a student as Cut, only Absent. You can use the Manage Student Attendance page to mark absent students as cut, when needed.
- First, select the date and period, and then choose Absent from the Get by Attendance Type dropdown. This will show you all absent students for the selected date and period.
- But, if you are looking for a specific staffer's student, filter the results by choosing that staffer from the Filter by Staffer dropdown. If you are searching for a specific student, you could also type their name into the Filter by name... field.
Once you have found the absent student you are looking for, check the box next to their name (see circled in the image below).
- Then, select the Cut attendance type from the Set New Attendance Type dropdown. (see underlined in the image above). Select Save to update this student's attendance from Absent to Cut.
Keywords: mark students as having cut class, update attendance types
Please sign in to leave a comment.