Enriching Students allows a school to automatically import staff data; every night if the data changes that frequently. The process involves several steps:
- Exporting staff data from your Student Information System (SIS)
- Posting the files to our server via FTP or SFTP (preferred)
Exporting the Staff Data
The first step involves exporting the data from your SMS.
The file generated must:
- Be a comma separated file (.csv)
- The first line must read FirstName, LastName, Email, HomeroomId, UserTypeId, StaffId, DepartmentName, MaximumNumberofStudents
- The headers are NOT case-sensitive, however there shouldn't be spaces in the header names
- So, FirstName, not First Name
- There should be no comma at the end of the line
The overall format is the same as the original import file used to set up the school.
Because there are a large number of SISs, we are not able to provide any technical support regarding either exporting your data or setting up an automated process for sending the files.
During the import, the file is validated in the following ways:
- The file name must be valid. The file name has to match this format:
- IMPORTKEY-staff.csv. The ImportKey is a value that has been assigned to your school. This can be found by logging as an Admin and going to Admin > Configuration. (Note, you must be an admin to access this portion of the site. If you are not an admin, contact someone in your school who is in order to get this information.)
- The word staff has to follow the import key. This allows us to the file type
- If the file name does not follow this format, the file will NOT be imported.
- You are required to provide all staff. Any staff that are missing from the CSV file will be soft-deleted from Enriching Students.
How Do I Upload the File
In order to upload the files, you will need to set up your FTP or SFTP process with a valid User Id and password and point to the correct location on our server.
All of this information can be found by logging on to Enriching Students and going to Admin > Configuration (FTP) or contact ES for SFTP credentials and connection information.
Keywords: automatic staff import, import staff data ftp sftp, how to export staff data