If your school has provisioned Enriching Students from within Clever, your Enriching Students account can be set to sync to Clever as part of a nightly automated process. Additionally, an admin will be able to perform a manually sync to Clever.
To successfully work with Clever, we need to view Clever as "the source of truth". There are several implications to this:
- You cannot manually add staff or students to Enriching Students. Clever has its own identifier for each staffer and student. In order for us to be confident the sync will run correctly we need to have that identifier.
- Staff and students will have to be in your Student Management System (SMS). From there, they will move into Clever to then be brought into Enriching Students.
- Some fields can only be modified via Clever. The fields are listed below under Staff and Students
- You will need to notify us that you want to activate the data sync to Clever. This can be done by simply opening a support ticket.
Please note, we will NOT be able to activate this feature if you have staff or students in Enriching Students that are not in Clever. Every staffer and student needs the Clever Id; there is simply no way to avoid that. Therefore, all your school’s data will be deleted and replaced by data from Clever.
As mentioned previously, because you cannot add staffers when your school has decided to sync to Clever, staff that should have access to Enriching Students will need to be in Clever.
Editable Staff Fields
Once the staff data is imported into Enriching Students, you will be able to edit the following staff fields:
- User Type
- Can View Grades
- Can View Analysis
- Max # Students
- Course Names
- Is Active
Non-Editable Staff Fields
The fields that cannot be modified from within Enriching Students are:
- first name
- last name
- email address
The only way this data can be edited is by modifying it in your Student Management System, syncing to Clever and running the sync from Clever to Enriching Students.
Additionally, for existing records in Enriching Students, these are the only three fields that will be modified when a Clever sync is performed.
If a staffer is missing from the Clever import, they will be marked as a "soft deleted" within Enriching Students. Essentially, we are marking the staffer as inactive. If the staffer appears again in Clever, with the same Clever Id, the staffer will be reactivated.
You can manually delete a staffer from Enriching Students. However, if they are in Clever, they will be recreated on the next sync.
Departments in Enriching Students often mean something different than they do in a schools SMS, and therefore, schools will often group staffers differently in Enriching Students than they are in the SMS.
Because of this, when new staffers are imported into Enriching Students, they will be placed into a "holding" department. An admin can thereafter edit the records to place the staff into the appropriate department.
As mentioned previously, students can only be added to Enriching Students by syncing to Clever.
Once the data is imported into Enriching Students, you will be able to edit the following fields:
- Year of Graduation
- Homeroom Staffer
- Is Active
- Can Schedule Self
- Can Override Appointments
The following student fields cannot be edited from within Enriching Students:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- SIS ID
These four fields are the only fields that will be updated for existing records when a sync is performed.
If a student is missing from the Clever import, they will be marked as a "soft deleted". Essentially, we are marking the student as inactive. If the student appears again in Clever, the student will be reactivated.
You can manually delete a student from Enriching Students. However, if they are in Clever, they will be recreated on the next sync.
Overall, when it comes to Clever, there are two types of rosters:
- Rosters that come directly from Clever
- Rosters that are created by staffers
- If the roster being imported already exists in Enriching Students, the original roster is left in place.
- If there is a new roster in Clever that isn't in Enriching Students, the new roster is created.
- If there is a roster in Enriching Students, that originally came from Clever, but is no longer in Clever, that roster will be removed during the sync. This does NOT impact rosters that were created from within Enriching Students.
Manually Created Rosters
When a staffer creates a roster from scratch in Enriching Students, that roster is flagged to be ignored during a sync to Clever.
Auto-Scheduling to Advisory
Enriching Students supports the ability to automatically pre-booked students to their advisory on certain weekdays/periods. When using Clever, the auto-scheduling takes place when the rosters are imported.
To set the weekdays & periods to be pre-booked, an admin must go to Settings >Manage School Periods. From there, the user can select one or many weekday / period combinations to pre-book.
How it Works
When initially activated, or during a sync, students are moved to the new advisory.
For example, if a student is assigned to Mr. Jones and is then moved to Ms. Smith in Clever, that student's open, future appointments to Mr. Jones will be adjusted; the student will now be scheduled to see Ms. Smith.
Non-advisory appointments will NOT be modified.