If your school has provisioned Enriching Students from within Clever, your account can be set to sync to Clever as part of a nightly automated process. Additionally, once your account has been set, an admin will be able to manually sync to Clever as well.
To successfully work with Clever, we need to view Clever as "the source of truth". There are several implications to this.
- You cannot manually add staff or students to Enriching Students. Clever has it's own identifier for each staffer and student. In order for us to be confident the sync will run correctly, we need to have that identifier. Staff and students will have to be in your Student Management System (SMS). From there, they will end up in Clever to then be brought into Enriching Students.
- Some fields can only be modified via Clever. The fields are listed below under Staff and Students respectively.
- Because we've allowed schools to manually add data up till this point, you will need to notify us that you want this feature activated. We will go through your data and set up the Clever Id for every record where it's missing. Simply open a support ticket and let us know you'd like this to be done for your school's account.
Please note, we will NOT be able to activate this feature if you have staff or students in Enriching Students that are not in Clever. Every staffer and student needs the Clever Id; there's simply no way to avoid that.
As mentioned previously, because you cannot add staffer's when your school syncs to Clever, staff that should have access to Enriching Students will need to be in Clever.
Once the staff data is imported into Enriching Students, you will be able to edit the following staff fields:
- User Type
- Can View Grades
- Can View Analysis
- Max # Students
- Course Names
- Is Active
The first name, last name and email address cannot be modified from within Enriching Students. The only way this data can be edited is by modifying it in your Student Management System, syncing to Clever and at some point running the sync from Clever to Enriching Students.
Additionally, these three fields are the only fields for existing records that will be modified when a Clever sync is done.
If a staffer is missing from the Clever import, they will be marked as a "soft delete". Essentially, we are marking the staffer as inactive. If the staffer appears again in Clever, with the same Clever Id, the staffer will be reactivated.
You can manually delete a staffer from Enriching Students. However, if they are in Clever, they will be recreated on the next sync.
Departments in Enriching Students often mean something different than they do in a schools SMS. Schools will often group staffers differently in Enriching Students than they are in the SMS.
Because of this, when new staffers are imported into Enriching Students, they will be placed into a "holding" department. An admin will have to edit the records to place the staff into the appropriate department.
As mentioned previously, students can only be added to Enriching Students by syncing to Clever.
Once the data is imported into Enriching Students, you will be able to edit the following fields:
- Year of Graduation
- Homeroom Staffer
- Is Active
- Can Schedule Self
- Can Override Appointments
The first name, last name, email address and SIS ID cannot be edited from within Enriching Students. These four fields are the only fields that will be updated for existing records when a sync is done from Clever.
If a student is missing from the Clever import, they will be marked as a "soft delete". Essentially, we are marking the student as inactive. If the student appears again in Clever, with the same Clever Id, the staffer will be reactivated.
You can manually delete a student from Enriching Students. However, if they are in Clever, they will be recreated on the next sync.
Overall, when it comes to Clever, there are two types of rosters:
- Rosters that come directly from Clever
- Rosters that are created by staffers
- If the roster being imported exists in Enriching Students, the roster is left in place.
- If there is a new roster in Clever that isn't in Enriching Students, the new roster is created.
- If there is a roster in Enriching Students, that originally came from Clever, that is no longer in Clever, that roster will be removed. This does NOT impact rosters that were created from within Enriching Students.
Manually Created Rosters
When a staffer creates a roster from scratch in Enriching Students, that roster is flagged. Anytime a Clever sync occurs, these records are ignored.
Auto-Scheduling to Advisory
Schools ask how they can ensure that students are automatically prebooked to their advisory on certain days/periods. When using Clever, the auto-scheduling takes place when the rosters are imported.
To set the days & periods to be prebooked, an admin must go to Settings, Manage School Periods. From there, the user will be able to select the period/week day combination to prebook.
How it Works
Will move students to a new advisory. If a student is assigned to Mr. Jones and is then moved to Ms. Smith in Clever, that student's open, future appointments to Mr. Jones will be adjusted; the student will now be scheduled to see Ms. Smith.
Non-advisory appointments will NOT be modified.