There was one bug fix in this release. The report Student Schedule By Homeroom wouldn't export the data. That has been fixed.
This update is about one feature, the ability to limit the acceptable date "window" for student self scheduling.
Here's a link to the training video. However, here's a brief description on how this feature works.
The first thing to understand is when you see the phase 'today', it means the current calendar day. In other words, if the student is scheduling on Friday, November 23rd, that's what 'today' represents. Likewise, if the student is scheduling on Monday, December 3rd, that's what 'today' represents. It's a sliding window so that the admin doesn't have to constantly update the values.
Secondly, there is no adjustment for weekends. Everything is based on calendar days,
- The feature is found under Settings, Manage Students, Advanced.
- Look for the section, "Limit Number of Days Students Can Self Schedule".
- This feature will only impact students, it has not impact on staff.
- There are two options, when does the self scheduling open, and when will it close.
- By default, we've set all schools to open 'today', meaning the current calendar day.
- All schools have been set to close 365 calendar days from the current calendar day, or a year away.
- You simply set and save those two values and the student window for self scheduling will be limited to the range that you've set.
Limit To Today
- Set the "Self scheduling opens at the start of: " to 'today'
- Set the "Self scheduling closes: " to 'today'.
- This would allow the student to self schedule for whatever the calendar day is at the time they are scheduling.
- If the day is a Saturday or a Sunday, the student would be unable to schedule at all, as Enriching Students doesn't allow for weekend scheduling.
Limit to Tomorrow and the Next Three Calendar Days
- Set the "Self scheduling opens at the start of: " to 'tomorrow'
- Set the "Self scheduling closes: " to 'at the end of four calendar days from 'today'.
- If the current calendar day is a Saturday the would be able to self schedule for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Sunday would not be available, as Enriching Students doesn't allow for weekend scheduling.
- If the current calendar day were Sunday, they would be able to self schedule for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- If the current calendar day were Wednesday, they would be able to self schedule for Thursday and Friday. The weekend would not be available for self scheduling.
Manual Sync with Clever. We are continuing to work through issues with Clever. The final piece, that we are working on now, is getting the automated scheduling of students to their homeroom to run correctly after a Clever import.
Schedule by File. This feature will allow school admins to upload a list of students and schedule them en mass. This is useful when you need to place a large number of students into a course over many days.
Feature Request. This will allow schools to provide us with feedback about the features that are most important to them. We will provide a list of features that we are considering and you will be able to vote on which features are the most important to your school.
Parents Opt-In for Emails. For a long time, Enriching Students has CC'd parents on their students schedule emails. However, recently there have been complaints from some parents that they never requested the email and they wanted the emails to stop. Legally speaking, we need to provide parents with the ability to opt-out, even after they have chosen to receive the emails.
Thus we've been forced to temporarily stop copying parents on their children's schedule emails. We are working on creating a feature that will allow parents to opt-in to the emails as well as opt-out if they so choose.