Your school may choose to allow students to view their schedule, make requests, and even schedule themselves for appointments. To give the students access and permission to self schedule here is what you need to do.
1)Logged in as an Admin, go to Settings -> Manage Students - From there click the button that says Welcome. You will be taken to a page where you can send a welcome email to the students. The email is similar to the email sent to staffers. It includes the URL, username and password for the students account.
2) By welcoming the students they now have access to see their schedule and to make requests to see specific teachers. But they can't self schedule.
3) To give the students self scheduling permissions to go Settings -> Manage Students - Click the advanced button, this will take you to a page with two boxes. The first box allows you to set self schedule permission for all students or by specific graduation years. Once you set this permission the students will now have permission to schedule into a session IF the staffer has available seats and IF the student has availability.
Student Appointment Overwrite Permissions
Just as a staff member can overwrite a student's appointment, sometimes a student can be enabled to overwrite an appointment. If the student has been previously scheduled by a staffer, the student cannot overwrite their appointment without additional permissions granted. There are a few ways to do this for different scenarios.
1. A student can be enabled to overwrite a teacher's appointment, if that teacher selects a checkbox that says 'Student Can Overwrite' beneath the appointment type drop-down menu on the scheduling page. Doing so will enable a student to overwrite that specific appointment.
2. Some schools choose to pre-book their students, for example perhaps to their homeroom one day out of the week for the year. However they may still want students to be able to schedule themselves to a different location during this time. To allow students to do this, go to the Settings -> Configuration, and on the Configuration page scroll down to 'Student Appointment Editor Settings' and check the box that says 'Allow student to modify Homeroom Apt?'
3. You can also give individual students permissions to overwrite appointments. Go to Settings -> Manage Students. Find the student you would like to enable to overwrite appointments. Select the student. Scroll down, and just before the 'Save' button you will see a series of check boxes. Select 'Can Override Appointments' so set this permission, and click 'Save'.